July 23, 2014

The Cooking gives our children a chance to learn a lot of things!

Today, the city there is my office was holiday, so no work today. I was able to cook and prepare Lino's Baon with my children.


When I cooked the shrimps, he noticed that the color of shrimps changed and the size of shrimps also changed.
He said, 『Mam! The black shrimps have turned red!! The shrimps became smaller!』
And he asked me,
Lino:『Why did the color of shrimp change? 』
Me:『What do you think?』Lino:『Because of  heat?』Me:『Why do you think so?』Lino:『Because the pan is hot!』Me:『Yes. The shrimp become red after heating.』Lino:『But why? And why did the shrimps become smaller? Why?...』

When I cut the Okura, he noticed there are 5 holes inside of the Okura. 
He said,
『There are 5 rooms for seed in the Okura. Oh, this Okura also have 5 rooms. Why do all Okura have 5 rooms? 』
And he also noticed that cut Okura is sticky.
Of course he asked me
『Okura was not sticky. After boil and cut Okura, it became sticky. Why??』

I couldn't answer for his questions correctly. But I think that the teaching correct answer is not important. I think that the thinking with children through experience is important!
Today, he noticed a lot of things during the cooking. He learned a lot of things through experience. At lunch, he remember and told me about these things.  
If children cook with parents, they become to be interested in the food. And children become to be able to eat any food cooked by themselves. 
Would you like to try to cook with children next weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment